Wednesday, 12 August 2026

A bit of a break

Heading off to Europe for a four week break, so there won't be much happening here on the blog until later in September. We will spend a few days with my sister in England who has had a sudden flurry of parcels delivered from companies with unfamiliar names - like Perry Miniatures and Warbases. Well, I might as well take advantage of local postage rates while I can.

Not that I leave an empty workbench behind. The Bazooka Town campaign for Chain of Command features a US Amored Infantry platoon, so naturally I need to add a few more halftracks. I also thought I had all the American tanks I needed, but it turns out I didn't have an M4A3E8, well that's been corrected. Somehow a Chaffee has slipped into the paint queue as well.

As for the Soviet armour, they've just been sitting in the paint queue for a bit too long. Currently they are still shiny under their gloss varnish for the decals. More to do on all of them, mainly weathering, but they will have to wait until I return. As will sixteen early imperial Roman auxiliary cavalry; more Afghans for the late 19th century; a few rebel militia for the AWI.........

Right then, off to do some packing.

4 comments:

  1. You'll probably like the weather, it'll remind you of home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy checking up on your blog and reading what's new since the last time I visited. In a fast-paced world, it's nice to slow down and read something in this format. (and binge, in the case of your excellent AAR's) Really makes me appreciate the hobby, even if my own hobby time (and follow-through when I do have it) is far and between these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the holiday, I will try to catch up on your last lot of campaign AARs (which I shamefully haven't read yet) whilst you are away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaffees are just too cool not to have, you can even sneak them in to your squadron Recce troops for late war Brits, and then there is French Indo-China.... CoCing it up in SE Asia. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete