Friday 3 November 2023

My article on scratch building in Wargame, Soldiers & Strategy #127

I wrote a post for the blog on scratch building with foamcore (which you can see here) and was invited by Guy Bowers, the editor of Wargame, Soldiers & Strategy magazine, to write an article on the same subject for the current issue (#127) which is now available. 

The main focus is a tutorial showing how I used foamcore as the base material to construct a damaged factory building for use in my 10/12mm games of O Group and Crossfire. 


As most of the article covers the construction I won't repeat that here, but as there were space limitations in the magazine I thought I'd include a few of the pictures that didn't make it into the magazine to give more of an idea of the finished model.






If you want to find out more about the construction it's only natural I suggest you get hold of a copy of the magazine which is available in hard copy from newsagents and other retailers or as a pdf direct from Karwansaray Publishing.


 

3 comments:

  1. 10/12mm! Good job you said, as that Cromwell looks like a bigger scale with that paint job - did you use weathering powders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. I will look forward to reading the full article when I get the magazine. It must be a good feeling to see your work in print!

    ReplyDelete